Intress (Institute of Social Work and Social Services) is a non-profit association created in 1984, and declared of public utility in 2004 by the Ministry of the Interior, whose mission is to contribute to the promotion, management and improvement of quality of social welfare services and care for people at risk of social exclusion, with professionalism and commitment.
The Azure cloud to drive growth
Currently, Intress manages more than 180 centers and has more than 1,300 users in a mobile work environment. However, as an infrastructure they had an old desktop system based on a terminal server running on RDS (Remote Desktop Services) which, due to the growth of Intress and the advancement of technology, no longer responded efficiently to current needs and requirements. .
What problems can an insufficient and obsolete infrastructure generate?
- Access difficulties and interruption of service due to saturation in the corporate network and its resources, which entails a significant loss of productivity because users cannot make efficient use of applications and services.
- High maintenance costs as more technical problems occur that require the IT department to spend more time and resources on maintenance.
- Increases security risk because an outdated infrastructure may be more vulnerable to potential threats.
Azure Virtual Desktop, an elastic and scalable infrastructure
From Intress they have Softeng, specialists in Azure cloud solutions , to accompany them in the modernization of their infrastructure , which allows them to control the user environment and improve the performance of the network and corporate applications.
After analyzing the needs with Softeng, an efficient transition is carried out by migrating your workloads from the legacy RDS service to Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) , with an agile deployment, without interrupting the service and in the estimated time.
As a result, a Desktop as a Service (DaaS) service is enabled on an elastic infrastructure with the ability to automatically scale resources up and down quickly to support workloads based on demand and role. of the connected user. On the one hand, the high involvement of the Intress team and, on the other hand, Softeng’s experience in resolving difficulties and unforeseen events in an agile and reliable manner has been key.
- Have an elastic and scalable infrastructure improving the performance of applications and the user experience.
- 24×7 continuous availability and service flexibility generating an increase in user productivity
- Increased security of the virtual desktop environment, minimizing the risks of suffering cyberattacks and guaranteeing the protection of sensitive information.
- Reduction of infrastructure and maintenance costs by simplifying the management of the environment and giving more autonomy to the IT team.
“We value Softeng’s expertise and its knowledge of Azure when it comes to guiding us throughout the project and dealing with unforeseen events with agility so as not to slow down timings. In addition, the proximity of its team makes us feel well accompanied.”
Miguel Ángel García, Head of Technology at Intress